Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Few Goals

Ok, here goes...

I don't know if I'm being realistic or too pansy, but as of now here are a couple of my goals for the next year:

1. Lose the first twenty pounds by the end of April.

a. Keep walking with sis-in-law at least four days a week.

b. Pay attention to portion sizes!! (I'm not going to set a specific calorie limit or anything right now. In a month if I am not making progress just by being aware of what I am eating--which has worked in the past--I'll set something more specific)

c. Read a chapter in my Bible or listen to a worship song before reaching for a snack. It's the reason behind the habit that needs addressing more than the eating itself.

d. Do a few yoga stretches twice a week.

e. Make sure I get three servings of veggies every day. (This is really pathetic coming from someone who's diet was primarily fresh veggies for over a year, but hey, I have to get back on the wagon somehow:)

2. Lose the next twenty pounds by my birthday--September 21st. What better 30th birthday present could I ask for :-)

a. Start walking up the mountain instead of just around the driveway. Let's see, we'll say twice a week to be starting with.

b. Get a least five servings of veggies a day! Yum! If I'm having a problem with fruit I'll add that too.

c. Do yoga three times a week and add Pilate's once a week.

d. Keep reading that Bible before reaching for a snack. Try some journaling too.

3. Reach goal weight by summer of 2010! 130 lbs here we come!

a. Keep watching those serving sizes. Watch them get smaller!

b. Bike with hubby as often as possible! Yay, I love it it's so fun:-) Keep walking with sis-in- law. Gorgeous view from the top of the bluff.!

c. Yoga or Pilate's 4 times a week.

d. Eat all the veggies I can afford, lol! And green smoothies... Mmmm

e. Take my problems to Him before I look for food. Read Bible, sing, sew, write...whatever it takes.



Now, I have no idea if these weight loss goals are good ones or not, as far as time frame and all. I figure it'll get slower as I go, but I don't know. I guess I can modify as I go along if I need to. I'll keep journaling here about my progress. Hopefully that will help me keep my spirits up:-) I can't wait to fit into all those boxes of clothes I have waiting upstairs. The most recent I just cleaned out of my closet a few weeks ago--and the closet is bare! Three pairs of jeans, one skirt and a handful of t-shirts. The beautiful slacks and tops I just bought in November so I'd have something to wear for not at home don't even fit me. Soon though! :-)

No comments: