Wednesday, October 1, 2008

School and Play

Yesterday morning for school we read several pages out of a wonderful book called "Unlocking the Mysteries of Creation". Over the weekend I asked Critter #1 to pick an insect or animal to study this week. He wrinkled his nose and said "But I don't want to study an insect or animal".

"OK," I said, "what do you want to learn about?"

After a moment of thought came this reply--"While I'm deciding what I want to learn about could you explain to me why people came up with evolution and what that is all about?"

So, creation science it is, lol! He is so far delighted with this book. We went quickly over the six days of creation, a little bit about water, and a little bit about atoms. He was especially fascinated by the description of how all the positive protons in an atom stick close to the nucleus. He is familiar with the concept of like charges repelling one another because he loves magnets. :)

He snorted loudly when I explained (from the book) that some scientists have decided there must invisible particles called gluons that hold the protons together.
"... all things were created by Him and for Him; and He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together." Colossians 1:16, 17

In the afternoon we spread a blanket behing the house and read some out of our Wildlife Habitats book. We decided we should make a small pile of brush in the "snakey woods" for the rabbits and mice, and a stump-top birdfeeder should be made before winter.
Then we went to find some grapes, then the boys played contentedly with mud they had made the day before until it was time to go inside.


One day, Critter #2 was out front by himself(I think brother was visiting grandma for a bit). I came out to check on him and found him hard at work, stacking these old shingles.






One day the boys needed an occupation while I worked on a complicated meal in our crowded, cluttered, half finished(speaking generously) kitchen. I assigned Critter #1 a pretend salad...




And Critter #2 a pretend soup... They were very creative and had a great time:)





It was so cute I caught them all staring at the flat tire lol! (That's one of my nieces with Critter#2 in the trailer).





My favorite scenes from my birthday dinner...










Lovin' it all :)







No comments: