Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Rambling...

I can't believe how long this cold is lasting! Yuck!! I guess two weeks is supposed to be a normal time span for a cold, but it's criminal if you ask me:(

The boys are feeling better finally, it's nice to hear playing instead of crying:) It's hard to coax them outside though. Could it have something to do with the fact that mama just wants to lie on the couch? Legos have been the chief entertainment this week. That and playing chipmunks. The boys will take the plastic file boxes stacked in a corner of the bedroom and stick them under their queen-size mattress. Instant chipmunk den LOL! If they can talk Papa into being a wolf for a few minutes all the better.

I really want to get to posting my October photos. Soon.

Needless to say with Mamas sore throat we haven't done much reading the past almost two weeks. Our creation science study has been mostly on hold. We did read about truffles and ectomycorrhizal fungi :) and about dinosaur fossils in relation to the flood. But, mostly it's been legos...

Belatedly--my little bro and I had a really great time going to the mall in the next town for the Motiv8 Christian fantasy authors tour. I decided not to be a geek and left my camera at home. Then I wished I had been a geek and just brought the stupid thing LOL I love having pics of Everything (except me). I was feeling just well enough to not hesitate to go, but the kids were finally getting whiny after having colds for three days and I was glad to get a little mama time. But, typically, as soon as the sword fighting started I wished my munchkins could be there to see it LOL. :)

Oh, my photography class was fine. I drove in circles for twenty minutes after taking a wrong turn. Yeah. Fun. I walked into class only about two minutes late. We will be meeting outdoors for the next two classes. This is when I think I will get what I need out of the class, when I ask questions about the manual focus on my camera:) I'll let you know how it turns out.

I'm looking forward to our soup and (homemade) donut party in a couple weeks. We did this last fall and had a blast. Everyone brought either a crock pot full of soup or homemade donut dough and we used deep fryers meant for frying turkeys (lol) to fry the donuts (outside!). It was a blast all around.

Anyway, I'm going to go wash some crusty pots and pans, and then hopefully curl up on the couch again...

5 comments:

Matthew said...

Hey there sister. I like your new pic. Sorry you're not feeling good. Colds are no fun. Lucky for me I just get huge, yellow, crusty sores on my lips most of the time instead of getting sick. Is it worth it? Sorry it was hard for you to find the photography class, its easy to get lost once you make a wrong turn and you don't know the streets. But hey, here's a good chance for you to learn them a a little better, eh? I'll be praying for you to bet better :) Love you

RavenM said...

Thanks bro :)

Rebecca LuElla Miller said...

Hey, Sarah,

I went to a couple of the Motiv8 events here in Southern California. Great time. My camera didn't work, but a couple of the authors emailed me pictures which you're free to snag if you want (A Christian Worldview of Fiction ). Also some of the authors have pictures up on their sites and the Motiv8 Fantasy Fiction site has a video from the event you were at (the mall in Medford, right?) so you might even be in it!

Becky

Matthew said...

That's right, don't "get" better, "bet" better, you gambler you. Where's your poker face? Mine is covered in sweat, stupid running :)

RavenM said...

Thanks Rebecca :)