Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe

Here's that cookie recipe (see previous post). It was our second day of the first autumn rain and we really needed some cookies! So I went into the kitchen to play around. I started out with a flour-less pb cookie recipe. I had come across a comment by someone who said they'd successfully made a similar recipe with honey (I'd post the link, but apparently I've been doing that wrong as my other links don't work, I'll try to get that figured out soon)

Long story short--there was no way this was going to work with honey and egg-replacer, so I messed around til I got a nice feeling dough. They came out beautifully, Yay!

I used the Featherlight rice flour mix from The Gluten-Free Gourmet Bakes Bread by Bette Hagman.


So that's what I pulled out of my pantry when I was messin around.

Peanut Butter Cookies

1c peanut butter (your choice crunchy or creamy, natural brand)
1/2c honey
2T warm water
1T EnerG brand egg-replacer
1t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
2T sweet rice flour
3/4c featherlight mix

Preheat oven to 350 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.

In a medium mixing bowl mix peanut butter and honey.

In a separate bowl mix egg-replacer, baking powder, and baking soda. Add warm water and whisk well. Add to the peanut butter mixture and mix well.

Add flours to bowl and mix.
If you like add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to the batter. (here you usually have a choice of gluten-free or sugar-free but not both, sadly)

Scoop out rounded tablespoons and roll into balls. Flatten gently with a fork to make the crisscross pattern. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool and enjoy.


Hopefully I've remembered everything. I don't have much practice writing recipes for other folks to follow, the notes I leave for myself are rather sketchy at times lol:)

2 comments:

fawndear said...

Thanks!
Looks like I need to make a run to Whole Foods and find some new ingredients.

RavenM said...

You're welcome:) I know about needing new ingredients lol Took me a while to get used to it, but now all the new shopping is habit.