Sunday, January 9, 2011

Heavy

Heavy with sorrow

grief an aching weight on my chest

death is awkward and unwieldy for us

humans who were created to live forever

Friendship, past, but not forgotten

stronger still, blood-ties

wishing you were near so I could come

to you and hold you tight

Your life, brimming with newness

sparkling with hope and strength

dealt a death blow

a shock to shake anyone to the ground

I declare for you this night

the darkness that comes

will be only that darkness of grief

temporary and healing

No killing darkness will touch you

no blight will mar

the effervescence that belongs to you

I declare Life abundant

I think of you with your little ones

gathered around you

and my heart aches for you

dear cousin, I hold you as I can--

in my heart...

No comments: