Friday, September 11, 2009

Until We Meet Again

Robyn, I feel so blessed to have the memory of your smiling face. How radiant you were. My great-grandma might say "like an angel". I remember you laughing and bright-spirited in spite of hardship. Full of faith and hope.


I wondered for a moment if you would worry about your children left behind. But, then, I imagined you in the Father's arms, gazing into His eyes and seeing His love for them. His love that is so great we can never fully understand it even though we experience it daily. I knew then there was no way you could be worried for them.


I heard amazing stories about your family the day you went home. Mingled with their grief was faith, hope, obedience, joy, and amazing courage.


Were you watching the night your friends gathered around the mortuary, knocked on the doors and shouted "Robyn, come out!" :) Just like you asked them too. My mom said she felt bad, here you were, safe in the Father's arms at last, and we were trying to get you back. My boys were there with me. We went home a little earlier than the others to go to bed. The next day they asked "Did she come out?" I told them you were too happy in heaven to come back here. How they giggled.


Your family is on my heart tonight. I keep thinking of Max. I guess because I have him in my Sunday school class sometimes. And Bradley and Jack and Kate. And Matt. How lonely he must be. We will keep lifting them up in prayer and in our lives. Giving them hugs, and meals, and anything we can do. We love you Robyn.


Until we meet again.


"Your unfailing love, oh Lord, is as vast as the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds.
Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains,
your justice like the ocean depths...
How precious is your unfailing love, O God!
All humanity finds shelter in the shadow of your wings.
You feed them on the abundance of your own house,
letting them drink from your rivers of delight.
For you are the fountain of life,
the light by which we see."

Psalm 36:5-9

No comments: