Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Joshua

I've been telling family members "You should come watch Joshua at Kung Fu if you can. Just to see him stand still!" :D
He really will stand still, hands at his sides, no talking for minute after minute. Waiting for class to start. Waiting for his turn to run and jump...

And a week ago he was very proud to receive his first belt:)


Mama was chosen for the traditional role of wisdom passer-on-er (yes, a technical term) through the pulling of the belt...

I think he's a little happy here... :D




My sweet boy! I'm so proud of you my dear!

Afterward he asked me what knowledge and wisdom I passed to him through the belt. We were in the car at the time and I told him I'd wait to tell him until I could look in his face. He said, "Well, I know some of the things. At least I can guess."


"Really? What knowledge do you think I gave you?"


"That you love me. And that you are very proud of me. And that I did a really good job."



So very true. And later, when I told him the other things I had in mind for him during that little ceremony--knowledge of the value of patience; strength to persevere through difficulty-- the shining of his little face filled my heart to overflowing. I love you Buddy, and I love watching you grow up.














No comments: