Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Off To Redding :)

I get to go to a conference at Bethel church this weekend with a bunch of really fun friends (starting with my dear Mommy!) I'm super duper excited!! It's almost a tradition (Yikes! That word can be a bad word or a good word depending on the situation and your perspective) for me to go down there every February. For some reason it just seems easier for me to make it to this one than to the June or October conference, I think that must be in my head though, :)

We are headed out tomorrow and we have a busy morning so I have to make sure I get everything ready today. The laundry is all accounted for, the dishes are close (until I cook today anyway) and I need to make sure my fam has some meals in the fridge for the next three days. And all my clothes need to be chosen and packed, everything but the toothbrush in fact. I have ducks, chickens and rabbits to feed (and little boys:) And Joshua talked me into putting eggs in the incubator. And Brannon is sick with a bad cold, so I have lots of sitting and holding him and getting juice, and bugging him to drink it, and ferrying blankets and pillows from the bed to the couch and the couch to the bed... I am VERY glad the laundry is already done.

In the morning we'll get everything loaded up and head to town. I'm meeting my sister for an appointment she has and we'll hang out with her until it's time for my therapy(or as Nate would say 'torture') session with Bear. It's been two weeks since the last one, he wanted to see how my muscles would respond to a week without him. I was supposed to do some exercises on my own this week. SUPPOSED to. Ahem. I DID them ok! Sheesh. Once. Which is all I was supposed to do. IF...

There is that if.

If I was able to push myself as hard as he pushes me. If not, I was to do them all again at the end of the week. Well, I was not feeling so hot the day I did my exercises. So, needless to say I found myself saying "Ok, I'm DONE with that one." Some tiny corner of my brain was probably saying "Uh, how many of those did you do? Are you sure you don't have a couple more in you?" But this was way too tentative an approach for the irritated part of my brain that was in control at the moment. Did I behave and do them again a few days later? No. I did not. Honestly Friday I completely forgot. And Saturday I Almost completely forgot. Almost. We had to move Joshua's party from Sunday to Saturday at the last minute because Nate found out he had to work Sunday. So I was swamped with cake and casseroles and frosting and...

Excuses. One and all.

So I don't know how I'll do tomorrow. I'm feeling pretty wimpy anyway. Due to recurring sinus inflammation, and general wimpiness, I haven't been walking much, or riding my bike at all. Which means I'm not making progress near as fast as I was in the fall. Disheartening to say the least. I'm hoping the sunshine will give me a boost of spirits and I'll get off my behind...oh. Wait. Hasn't it been sunny for a week already???? But, the sinuses... Aaaarrrggghhh!!

Ok, how did I get on that subject? I was talking about Redding. Exciting stuff! And FRIENDS! Mom, Joanne, Jack, Janis, Rowdy, Bear, and Lorna. And me. Yaay! I can't wait to be sitting in line, laughing with everybody, waiting to crowd into the sanctuary and laugh some more, and dance, and listen to great teaching, and laugh some more, and maybe misbehave a tiny bit (you know, pass notes with Janis, that kind of thing)...

:D

Speaking of things to do... Shouldn't I be DOING them about now???

See you next week.

2 comments:

Matthew said...

If that's not the ramble of one VERY excited gal I don't know what is. Glad you had so much fun. Maybe next year we'll try to swing it.

RavenM said...

Yes, a VERY excited ramble!!!! :D