Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Family Fun

I've been meaning to blog about an especially fun day we had the Saturday of Labor Day weekend, so finally here we are:)

First some mini-golf. The boys love to go and volunteered their yard-sale earnings so that was our first stop of the day...

Now here are the the three cutest guys I know:) (Don't worry bro, you come in a close 4th:)








Critter #1 works on his swing...


Critter #2 posing, yes he's holding his pose as the ball rolls down the green, hee hee...

"Can we go swimming?"



Then lunch in a very nice park on our way to scienceworks. Critter #2 led us down many trails until we found a picnic table overlooking the creek. I Love these gluten-free wraps! Yay! I can actually taste the filling instead of it being completely overwhelmed by dense, gummy bread. Of course I made my own version according to what I had on hand...









And ScienceWorks!! Pretty cool family portrait, huh!?






Building a track for a wooden ball. Usually the biggest challenge is making it so the ball doesn't fly off the edge of your track and go rolling across the room.




















Now this is creepy! After staring at that spinning circle for a few seconds then looking at your hand it really does look like your skin is "crawling".





The earthquake table. Can you build a building or wall that will stand up to an earthquake?










Building a dam...





How few blocks can you use and still have a dam that won't come crashing down?









It is very cool to pull oneself up the pulley, but we don't really want to know how it works and we definitely don't want to sit and wait for the chair to come SLOWLY down. So, we have to jump off as soon as we are done pulling...




Powering and electric train(or a light, fan, or radio) with pedal power...



Giant magnetic puzzles, cool idea.



After ScienceWorks we stopped at a fancy chocolate store and everybody got to pick a treat. We don't usually eat sugar and this turned out to be a bad idea as Critter #2 cried for three days solid afterward, yikes!!
Then it was on to Toys r us, where Critter #1 was looking for a very specific Lego set. He sure had a hard time not spending his money when he couldn't find the set he wanted. He was really desiring some instant gratification (not that I blame him:). And we went through the whole "it's your money and you can spend it on whatever you want, but here are the reasons we think you should wait..." Then we gave him some space and let him make up his mind. He chose to wait and when we got home we looked at pictures of the coveted set online. Critter #2 spotted a big plastic baseball bat that came with two balls and was delighted to discover he had just enough mulah to make the purchase. If I get permission to post pics of the cousins I'll get some baseball pics up pretty soon, they're all soooo cute:)
What fun! I'm so glad we have the membership to ScienceWorks, the kids absolutely LOVE it. It is a perfect family outing, and school trip rolled into one.















































































4 comments:

RavenM said...

None of my links are working. Guess I'm doin it wrong:(

RavenM said...

Not to mention all the dumb empty space at the end of my post! Sheesh.

Matthew said...

Haha, I was wondering about that. I was also surprised because you had two comments already. Then I saw they were both your and I was filled with merriment. Well, not acutally filled, but I did notice some tingly on the edge. Looks like a lot of fun.

RavenM said...

You make me laugh(in a good way). I feel better now...